What are “detoxes” and “cleanses”?
A variety of “detoxification” diets, regimens, and therapies—sometimes called “detoxes” or “cleanses”—are ways to remove toxins from your body, lose weight, and promote health.
“Detoxification” programs may involve a single process or a variety of approaches. These include:
- Drinking only juices or similar beverages
- Eating only certain foods
- Using dietary supplements or other commercial products
- Using herbs
- Cleansing the colon (lower intestinal tract) with enemas, laxatives, or colon hydrotherapy (also called “colonic irrigation” or “colonics”)
- Reducing environmental exposures
Use promo code DC15 to get 15% off the detox and cleanse collection from Jan 5-Jan 9!